In 1948 after the second world war towns; city’s,and villages were looking to provide a lasting memorial to those who fought in that conflict. A group of residents raised funds to purchase this field to provide¬†a play area for the children of the village ‘in perpetuity‘.¬†

The field is maintained by the Parish Council¬†to ‘ROSPA’ safety standards.

The field is named the ‘Springfield memorial Field’ by the Elders in 1948. It is a memorial and so it shall remain.